Thursday, February 5, 2009

WITNESS: DJ Excel



Here's the deal...I've been fortunate to work with/meet many movers and shakers in the music industry. I will be hitting up these folks to learn a little more about their lifestyle. I thought I would start this series off with one of most down to earth dudes out there: DJ Excel. He was kind enough to spin at one of my 'Blend' parties with Shmack Clothing. One of the best DJs out there hits you with a little insight below. Enjoy! -Ryan

1. biggest impulsive buy?
Hmm, I slowed down a lot on impulsive buying but I can remember 3 in the past 2 years.
1. Bathing ape aviator bomber jacket $900
2. 2007 Infiniti FX 35 $50,000
3. Rolex GMT 2 w. Porcelin dial $7000
Sometimes there's something u want so bad but u know u shuldnt buy it & u just have to say fuck it. Its bitten me in my ass b4 so I try to contain myself. But I have a trigger finger w $ so sometimes I. shoot 1st & worry about paying rent later!!!

2. you'll be calling the west coast home soon. so...east or west ladies? who's winning in your book?
I'm actually here now. I'm on set @ this honda commcercial my homies gomez warren & mickey factz r doin. Typing on my bb. I got here 2days ago & been on the move ever since....

Ladies are a tuff one. LA has the eye candy, but most of wat I seen are just that, they have 0 personality. Now I'm sure there's better ones here but I haven't seen them yet. I've also just been in the clubs, so u know what u get wen ur in that enviorment.
Philly is sketchy. We're at a short for good looking girls, but I've been fortunate to have my fair share back home.
As of now, 3 days in LA, I have to go wit my home team, philly chicks. The lack of personality takes away from the big titty, video chicks appeal.

3. what song seems to be really taken off in the club these days?
Hip hop - Ron Browz. He's on fire rite now.
I'm jumpin out the window with this one!!!
House music - sad to say, kid cudi. Don't get me wrong I love the song, but these fools are a year & some months late. We've been played that track out & now its catching on & is on the radio & in the clubs everywhere.
Bmore club - dj class' I'm the shit. Its amazing to see bmore club being accepted in a global scale. Again, we been runnin wit it. So its like waiting for the tortoise @ the finish line wen u been here for years. But hey, welcome to the celebration! We're all still jammin!

4. i know you rock the Nikes. What's your fav. shoe of all time?
I've been asked this before & my answer changes everytime...
I'm a nike head, I wear chains that excite the feds...
Recently I've been on my air max kick again. So I been rocking a lot of my 1's/90's/95's/97's

5. if you could throw down for anyone... who's party would you like to spin for?

Barack Obama - @ the white house.

No comments:

Post a Comment